Opportunities are Endless

Have you ever done something that you loved, and thought you would never get the opportunity to do it again? Dancing was that “something” for me. I danced for 12 years before coming to college. Before my junior year in high school I decided that there just wasn’t enough time in my schedule to play sports and dance. So, I decided to quit dance. I never would have imagined being able to perform in front of an audience again, or let alone dance.
             However, this past weekend I was given the opportunity to perform in the Ohio Northern University Choreographers’ Showcase. It all began to fulfill a required art elective, so I chose tap class. After taking a semester of a tap class my instructor asked if I would be willing to audition for the Choreographers’ showcase. I was very apprehensive at first. I had never dreamed of being able to perform on the Freed Center’s stage. Also, I was nervous about being a part of something that mostly musical theater majors did. After some serious thought, I decided to go for it. Sure enough, I was given a stop in a tap piece called “Choose.”
            There were hours of rehearsals, and practices leading up to the showcase. It was a great way to meet new people and doing something we all love. Finally, this past weekend arrived and our group of eight performed. Everything went great and we had so much fun! So many of my family and friends came to watch, and I was truly blessed to be able to share my passion with them. 


            Looking back, I wouldn’t change a thing. I made so many great friends and memories in the making. I think it’s great that at Ohio Northern no matter what your major or field of study, you are welcomed to participate in whatever you love. This again, is just another reason why I chose ONU. I am so happy I could experience something I love to do again! Thanks to everyone who helped make my first experience on the Freed stage such a memorable experience. I am truly thankful and blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people.


Have you ever thought you wouldn’t get the opportunity to do something ever again, but then did?
I would love to hear them if so!





Comments

  1. This is so great! Im happy you had a great time performing this past weekend, and getting to meet people and experience this amazing opportunity! I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do it! I can completely understand how nervous you must have been going on stage, but I'm sure you did fantastic and rocked the stage! Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best with more dance opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I heard, it sounds like the showcase was a huge success. I am so happy that you get to dance on a stage. When I was younger I did dance and loved to perform. That's one of the reasons why I love Ohio Northern so much. It is small enough that I can still be engaged in aspects of performing that I miss. They are good breaks from the daily class grind that let me express myself in other ways. I am so glad you got to perform and have found another place to do what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this! I'm so glad I got to meet you through tap. I'm sure we would have gotten to know each other eventually, but it's nice to know that there is a PR major who also enjoys dancing! I really love how ONU gives students outside of the theatre department a chance to be involved in productions. Not many schools allow their students to do that. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience of this show and I hope there are more times in the future where we can dance together again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale