Multiple Images in a Single Post on Instagram

Do you ever struggle with deciding which picture to post on Instagram from an event? I know that I often struggled with this very thing. I am not a huge collage person and I always want to share various pictures from an event but don’t want to do more than one post. However, just recently Instagram launched an update that now allows users to post up to 10 photos and videos in one single post. Viewers just simply swipe through to view them. Instagram has truly changed the game in the form of storytelling.

Here is a quote from Instagram that gives a little more background on the update:
"With this update, you no longer have to choose the single best photo or video from an experience you want to remember. Share your favorite moments of your best friend’s surprise birthday party - from setting up to when they walk through the door. Or create a step-by-step cake recipe that people can always find on your profile.”

Here is how you create a multiple image post.
  1. Tap the ‘Select Multiple’ option in the bottom of the photo or video you’re uploading
  2. Selection the content you want to include-they will be numbered in the order they will be presented in the carousel (you can rearrange the order by holding down and dragging on the screen).
  3. Once you have selected your elements, you can edit and add filters to each one.

You only get a single caption and location tag for the entire set. Any likes and comments you get will be grouped together as well.

Once your collection is posted, it will be highlighted as a multiple image post by a photo stack icon in the top right of the cover image. As your viewers scroll through there will also be a set of dots beneath the frame to indicate that there are others in the collection.

I hope you enjoy this new update by Instagram. I know I am very excited to use it and not have to decipher between various pictures again. I want to know your thoughts, so please comment below! Happy Instagraming!

Comments

  1. I wasn't a big fan when I originally heard about this update, but my mind has been changed slightly! The most frustrating part is when trying to swipe through someone's multiple pictures, I'm swiping to my DMs. This is causing me to not swipe through the multiple image posts. I do like how you don't have to choose only one image. I haven't used it yet, but maybe I will in the future and I really hope a new update might make this feature a little less frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy that Instagram finally did this! I follow some accounts that will do flood posts so its like ten at a time and then they do not for a while. If they start doing it like this I will feel so much better. I am honestly surprised that it took Instagram so long to do this. I have not been able to do it myself yet, but I am sure once I am down in New Orleans for my conference I will use that to post more pictures without spamming my followers. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't really know how I feel about this feature, but I think it's starting to grow on me! I keep forgetting that I am able to use it, so I am yet to post pictures with this feature on Instagram. I didn't know how to use it either, so I'm glad you gave the steps to do it. I will for sure be using it during my Spring Break trip because I know I will have a lot of pictures I'm going to want to share. Thanks for sharing and I will definitely be using this in the near future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale