Life is Full of Experiences

This past weekend I had a new experience of going with my friends to the lacrosse scrimmage here at Ohio Northern. I had never been to a lacrosse scrimmage or game before. After watching I had so many questions pertaining to the sport and how the game was played. By simply watching others do something they love I had a whole new perspective of a very popular game played by many.

Being opened to this new experience made me truly understand the purpose of moving away and going to college. The purpose of college is all about experiencing new things and finding new interests. Lacrosse was just one of the many things I have been introduced to while at Ohio Northern. Although I don’t ever plan on playing lacrosse it was still great to learn the sport and learn about someone else’s passion. In the long run learning about others’ interests will help you to relate and find common ground. I can’t help but think about all the new experiences waiting for me in the future and how some will even impact my life.
I challenge each of you to go and try something new or gain a new experience. I promise you won’t regret it. If you have experienced something new here at Ohio Northern please share. I would love to learn about your experiences and potentially experience them for myself. 

Comments

  1. I went to this as well and it was my first lacrosse experience too! I had no clue what was going on half of the time. It is so great that you are getting out there and trying new things and new experiences even if it's just something like a lacrosse game. Learning about other's interests is fascinating I agree, and I'm glad you had a good time there! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not able to go to the lacrosse scrimmage, sadly. But I do love the sport. My dad tried to get me to play it and it, but it wasn't for me. It was a great new experience. Since I am in my last semester, I am trying to remember all of the experiences that were new to me when I came to Northern. Some of them made an impact, some were just hilarious memories. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale