Child at Heart

I have always been a child at heart and I still to this day have a love for Disney movies. There are just so many that I can relate to and appreciate. My favorite movie however, is Cinderella. There is just something about the story that resonates well with me. I love that she is a very simplistic girl, but loves to dress up from time to time.

Growing up I was involved in dance, volleyball and softball. One moment I could be a girly girly doing makeup and hair, while the next minute I was in the dirt having a great time. I still to this day can be found shopping and living a totally basic and girly life, while the next I may be riding four-wheelers outside and getting muddy. Cinderella reminds me a lot of myself in this aspect considering she was a very simplistic girl who enjoyed and longed to dress up and show her feminine side. I too enjoy dressing up every once in a while, but I also really enjoy wearing sweatpants and curling up on the couch to watch a movie.

Children’s movies have come a long way over time. Currently they resonate with children on a more personal level and dive into a lot deeper context. I will always love Disney movies and make an effort to see them when a new one comes out. What is your favorite Disney movie and why? Also, do you feel a connection with that movie? I would love to hear you answers! Be sure to comment below!


Comments

  1. I tend to have an issue with Disney movies. I did not watch most of them growing up so I guess I lack a connection. I never liked how almost none had a mom. I was and still am a mom's girl. I would say my favorite Disney movie is Tangled mostly because of the songs and the fact that she does get both her parents in the end. Also for animation Flynn Rider is very attractive. I was the same as a child. I had two older brothers so having Star Wars Light Saber battles in the front yard was common. I did not get to be a true girly girl until high school, but I do not regret it for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate with this so much. I grew up watching Disney movies and at one point we owned every one on VHS. I feel like it is so easy to relate to some of the characters. Even if you do not relate to any of them I feel that Disney can appeal to the real world and and alternate world where the imagination can run free. I feel the opinion about Disney is a personal preference, but I think it is important for children to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a person that can't just choose one Disney movie to be my favorite. Still to this day I love watching animated movies. My favorite princess movie has to be Mulan though! I love how she wasn't the typical princess and went to war. The songs in Mulan are amazing too. I don't personally relate to Disney movies, but they do tend to make me emotional. I also love how all the princess movies are being revamped to live action movies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale