Conference in the Carolinas


This past weekend I traveled to Hilton Head, South Carolina with Dr. Aggie for a conference. The conference was held at the University of South Carolina Beaufort - Hilton Head Island campus and was hosted by the Carolinas Communication Association.

On the first day of the conference, Dr. Aggie presented her podcasting assignment that she incorporates in Principles of Social Media during a session called, “Making Content Sustainable Through a Platform That’s Accessible On-The-Go: Podcasting.” Attendees were amazed and asked multiple questions on how they too could incorporate a similar assignment to their classes.

On the next day, alumna, Rachael McKee, flew in to help lead a panel discussion with Aggie and I. The panel’s focus was on creating and maintaining a mentorship program. I also participated in an undergraduate poster session later in the day. The session allowed undergraduate attendees to share their research projects. I prepared a case study on Patagonia’s thought leadership.

Although the conference was great and very educational, I would have to say the activities and memories made were the best part. When we weren’t attending the conference, Dr. Aggie and I rented bicycles and rode the beach and explored the island. The island is very bicycle friendly. You can ride almost anywhere on the island using a bike path.

I can’t wait to travel back to Hilton Head with family sometime soon. From the beaches and resorts, to the cute shops and lighthouse, Hilton Head is the perfect vacation getaway.


Comments

  1. I am glad you had a great time. I have never been to Hilton Head but the way you described it makes me really want to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Perks of Being a College Student