The Next Chip and Joanna?

Recently, I have found myself scrolling through Pinterest and Instagram looking at house plans, home renovations, decorations and organization solutions. The funny thing is, I don’t even have a home or plans to be a homeowner anytime soon.

However, for the past three years I have been dating my best friend, Jacob Roberts, who I met my senior year of high school. One thing that we both share is our passion for home remodels and building things together. We have spent countless hours remodeling his family’s bathroom, building furniture and completing various home improvement projects. Some might even say that we are Chip and Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper. (Okay, maybe that’s just me. But, I truly aspire to be them one day.)

One of my favorite projects that Jacob and I have completed has been his family’s guest bathroom. Although I didn’t do a lot of physical labor, I helped select the color scheme and epoxy the top of the vanity. Most importantly, I serve as a support. Renovation projects can be very stressful, especially when you invest so much time in them. I try to serve as a voice of reason and a helping hand when needed. 

Jacob and I both have a dream of fixing up homes or developing property for a living. (Again, we are going to be like Chip and Joanna, I just know it.) However, we both need to finish college and become established before we can dive deep into this dream. For now, I will just continue to post inspiration to my Pinterest board. 

What are your dreams and passions?


Start to finish of the bathroom renovation.



Comments

  1. This looks super good! I love looking at home renovation before and afters, I can't wait to also design my own home one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Perks of Being a College Student