It’s Getting Hot in Here…

Okay, so here is the thing. I would consider myself a very lucky and grateful person. I have grown up with two loving and supportive parents. I was able to participate in various activities and sports growing up. I have the opportunity to attend my dream school, Ohio Northern University. I have also been given tremendous opportunities to travel and grow as a young professional with all of my friends. However, one thing that I never truly appreciated until this year was air conditioning. Yes, you read that correctly. Air conditioning.

All my life I have lived in a home that has had air conditioning. However, that recently changed when my four friends and I decided to become roommates for our senior year. Like any episode of HGTV’s “House Hunters,” we created a list of “musts” that our rental must include. The list wasn’t much expect for close proximity to campus, within our budget and had a bedroom of decent size for each person. The decision was simple actually, there was only one house that we visited that met all of those needs. One thing that I personally felt should have been on the list was air conditioning. At the time, we had all discussed that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I mean, we are only going to be living here from the end of August until May. How many hot days can there really be? Well, let me tell you, this week of 90-degree heat is making us really question our decision.

Now, I know what you are thinking, why don’t you just put in window units? Well, we considered that. However, five bedrooms all on the second story and then having to cool the downstairs just didn’t seem very cost effective and energy efficient in our opinion. The consensus was that no one would install a window unit because we weren’t sure how we would factor that cost into the bills. Now, your next question is probably, why don’t you open the windows and turn on some fans? That’s what we are doing. However, when the air outside is hot the most ideal thing isn’t to blow it all into your house. So, here I am, typing away in the library in the air conditioning avoiding my home. 

Do you have any tips or tricks to keep our house cool? We are open to any suggestions at this point!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Vera Bradley Annual Outlet Sale