Tips to Alleviate Stress as a College Student

As the end of the semester is quickly approaching, I am beginning to feel more and more stressed. From the endless group projects, final exams, Capstone planning and presentations, the list goes on and on. I just wish there was more time in a day to take time for myself and complete all of my schoolwork. However, the world doesn’t work like that, so here I am writing my blog a couple hours before it is due.

I often find that making lists and blocking off time in my calendar is the best way to get my schoolwork done. Here are a few other ways you can alleviate stress:

Avoid Abundant Amounts of Caffeine - Swap caffeinated drinks for water, herbal teas or diluted natural fruit juices and aim to keep yourself hydrated as this will enable your body to cope better with stress.

Indulge in Physical Activity - When you feel stressed and tense, go for a brisk walk in the fresh air. Try to incorporate some physical activity into your daily routine on a regular basis. Regular physical activity will also improve the quality of your sleep.

Talk to Someone - Stress can cloud your judgement and prevent you from seeing things clearly. Talking things through with a friend, roommate or even a trained professional, can help you find solutions to your stress and put your problems into perspective.

Do you have any great stress reducing techniques? If so, I would love to hear them!

Have a great rest of your semester. Keep pushing through. We can do this! :)

Comments

  1. This is great advice. I am starting to feel the stress lately as well! I have so many assignments and projects due next week. I am going to try your three tips this week! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for these great procrastination tips! Working out while also spending time with friends has been a great escape through these past two weeks. Also I tend to enjoy watching people drown themselves in coffee thinking it will help them through!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End is Near

Spring Has Sprung!

Joys of Being Home